Sunday, January 4, 2009

To sleep: perchance to dream:

I began wearing a sleep bra about nine years ago. Since then I have worn the gamut, going through roughly a dozen sleep solutions. Before I share with you what I think the best options are for ensuring a well endowed girl sleeps well, let me tell you what we at Bratique Helene have heard our clients say:
  • wearing a GAP shelf bra camisole with the shelf bra (which was so small on her bustline the elastic band hit across the center of the breast) cut out.
  • wearing the same underwire bra that she wore the entire previous day; her quote "I wear it 24/7". I implore you NOT to do that.
  • wearing a really tight hanes old school tank top.
  • wearing nothing, and then having a fitful night of sleep, trying to wrestle the boobs under control.
  • sleeping in a sports bra.
  • please, we all get the point by now.
One of my attempts was this hanro 'leisure' bra. Leisure means no wire, usually. Not only was the cup not deep enough for the E+ volume, but the fabrication was not rigid nor seamed enough to support the weight of the breast either.

One of our clients said she sleeps in her underwire bra because if her breasts touch, she gets an ugly and uncomfortable rash due to the moisture. We referred her to the sleep bra, and it works well. This product was designed to prevent the creation of wrinkles in the decollete area that form from the breasts being pressed together during side sleep.



The second option is a sleeptop by Margeurite McGee. Let me be honest and say that Margeurite is my neighbor, she resides four houses down the block from me. However,
proximitiy
aside, I highly recommend her product to you. The fabrication is uber stretchy and super soft and feels luxurious to put on at night. My favorite two products for the full bust are the highneck sleeptop and the chemise.


When sizing a sleep bra, we generally say go up a size in the band. For example, if you are a 34-36 in your underwire bras, a sleep bra would work in the 36-38 back size. Remember, you will be laying down for the most part while wearing it.

So, with that being said I wish you a good night and sweet dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 
coompax-digital magazine