Monday, December 22, 2008

No Bouncing on the Hopper

While visiting my sister and her family in Orlando we went to the FunSpot USA, which I highly recommend; it is a mini amusement park. Sister was kind enough to ride the rides with my four year old daughter while I was holding the one year old daughter. They rode the Frog Hopper ride that ascends into the air and then bounces all the way down. It is great fun for all parties involved. I critically watched sister's bosom as I had anticipated some serious movement because this ride is basically like jumping on a trampoline. Let me just say her bustline did not move, it was stationary. I was amazed and so once she got off the ride I of course had to inquire as to her bra. Sure enough, she was wearing a three part lace balcony bra from Freya, the black version of the above.

I guarantee you that if she were wearing a seamfree, molded, or too small in the cup bra, she would have been bouncing all over the place, and probably very uncomfortable. Have you ever experienced the knee jerk reaction of putting your arm up over your breasts when you suddenly have to run or engage in some other bounce inducing activity to prevent the boobs from hurting themselves or you? It is not a good feeling. Her top was a structured knit and the bra seams didn't show through. This illustrates two points:

  1. The most supportive everyday bra is a three part seam cup made from a rigid material, i.e. lace. Rigid does not imply rough. One can find rigid fabrications that do have a soft hand.
  2. A woman is not tied to wearing a "seamfree" bra to prevent seams from showing through her clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 
coompax-digital magazine